Dr. Richard J. Mercurio graduated from Georgetown University Dental School in 1976 and after graduation, served as a clinical instructor in the Department of operative dentistry there. Dr. Mercurio is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology and Implant Dentistry. ABOI/ID Diplomate designation symbolizes the highest level of competence in implant dentistry. Certification by the ABOI/ID attests to the fact that the dentist has demonstrated knowledge, ability, and proficiency in implant dentistry through a rigorous examination process.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- The Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry,
Laser Assisted, Peri-Implantitis Assisted Protocol, New York 2014
- American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry-2013, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Patterson, N.J.
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, New York University – Conscious Sedation Course – 2010
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry, Standard Proficiency Course – 1999
- Advanced Implant Training Course (Surgical and Prosthetic), Branemark Clinic, Gothenborg, Sweden – 1996
- Misch Implant Institute, Surgical and Prosthetic Program, University of Pittsburgh School of Dentistry – 1995
- Maxi Course in Oral Implantology Sponsored by Brookdale Hospital, American Academy of Implants Dentistry and University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – 1989
- DDS – Georgetown University School of Dentistry – 1972-1976